Location: Yangon, Myanmar
Duties and Responsibilities
· Designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization.
· Assess the business’s future ventures to identify possible compliance risks.
· Performing a risk assessment: Analyzing current risks and identifying potential risks that are
affecting the company.
· Revise procedures, reports, etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues.
· Investigates breaches of the Code of Business Conduct and ensures that Internal Control gaps observed in any investigation are closed.
· Co-ordinates the Fraud risk assessment of the entire business and ensures strict adherence to internal control standards as implemented in the country.
· Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training.
· Provide training on new risk framework, policy, and procedures.
· Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control.
· Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate
· Explaining the external risk posed by corporate governance to stakeholders.
· Creating business continuity plans to limit risks.
· Identify reputational risk, compliance risk, regulatory and legal risk, strategic risk, funding liquidity risk, information and security risk, market and credit risk, technology risk and report to
· Manage the risks associated with the organization, employees, customers, reputation, assets, and interests of stakeholders.
· Communicate changes in a risk framework, policy and procedures to the first line of defense and ensure that they are understood by all stakeholders.
· Review new products or services launch and assure that material risks are appropriately
identified and mitigated by input action plans.
· Engage with stakeholders to identify risk/loss and determine if they are unique to their area or
have wider upstream or downstream implications.
· Propose control improvements, enhancements, and simplifications where appropriate.
· Coordinate with compliance / internal and external audits to solve regulatory / audit findings,
track aging, periodic follow up to ensure that all findings are remediated by committed timeliness and that the actual root cause is being addressed.
· Socialize significant risk and loss events as well as audit and regulatory findings and conduct
lessons learned to create awareness.
· Manage the end to end country risk management committee process ensuring high-quality risk dashboards are circulated to the committee members and minutes are drafted on a timely basis with all actions clearly documented and proactively followed up.
· Collaborate with corporate counsels and HR departments to monitor the enforcement of standards and regulations.
· Bachelor of a law degree or related field. A master’s degree is highly
· Minimum of 5 years of experience.
· Work experience in corporate law practice is an advantage.
· Strong analytical problem-solving skills with the ability to critically evaluate business problems and find optimal solutions.
· Highly organized and able to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities
simultaneously and efficiently.
· Energetic and enthusiastic team player, capable of working both independently and in a team
environment with high attention to detail for accuracy, and initiative to follow up on items and get
· Excellent in English (speaking, reading and writing).
· Competitive salary
· Bonus on performance
· Health care support
For interested persons, please send your CV along with a letter for interests, relevant
supporting documents, academic qualifications, contact details within 2 weeks of
the announcement to
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org