Location: Vientiane, Lao PDR
Duties and Responsibilities
· Primarily be responsible for the development, maintenance, and enforcement of Fraud and Anti-Money Laundering prevention strategies to mitigate losses resulting from new account origination fraud, and to ensure compliance with relevant AML legislation.
· Conduct detailed investigations and reporting on new account origination fraud.
· Provide support & assistance in resolving complex disputes/fraud cases, including completing inbound and outbound calls where needed, and taking appropriate action based on the outcome of the investigation.
· Accountable for conducting investigations into flagged unusual or suspicious account or
customer activity following AML suspicious transaction reporting guidelines.
· Responsible for conducting regular monitoring control audits including reporting on results and creating action plans for addressing issues.
· Monitor fraud transaction trends and make recommendations to senior management on changes to operating practices and procedures to mitigate the risk identified through investigative findings
· Collaborate with lawyers and law enforcement agents to develop and execute plans for the
resolution of a fraud case.
· Conduct interviews with suspects to obtain information regarding their degree of involvement in a racket
· Gather, sort and analyze relevant documents, evidence, and financial data to identify
inconsistencies in an organization’s records.
· Utilize various accounting and data analysis tools in examining financial records and processes.
· Direct and supervise the operations of an organization’s fraud unit to ensure work efficiency.
· Ensure team members of a fraud investigation unit maintain a high level of integrity in performing job duties.
· Produce information useful in apprehending fraud suspects or culprits.
· Design and implement processes effective for the prevention or minimization of fraud risks
· Maintain a record of all investigative operations and results of the analysis.
· Conduct fraud-related training to employees and partner agents.
· Take an active role in fraud assessments of new products, significant changes in the existing
processes where fraud risk exposure might be concerned.
· Provide ongoing/periodic reporting to country risk management committee and others required by the regulation governance with fraud-related patterns, loss levels, identified threats/risks and progress made in other key fraud items.
· Complete other duties as may be assigned from time to time including, but not limited to, acting as back-up to colleagues.
· Bachelor of a law degree, finance, administration or related field. A master’s degree is highly
· Minimum of 5 years of experience.
· Work experience in corporate law practice is an advantage.
· Strong analytical problem-solving skills with the ability to critically evaluate business problems and find optimal solutions.
· Highly organized and able to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities
simultaneously and efficiently.
· Energetic and enthusiastic team player, capable of working both independently and in a team
environment with high attention to detail for accuracy, and initiative to follow up on items and get
· Excellent in English (speaking, reading and writing).
· Competitive salary
· Bonus on performance
· Health care support
For interested persons, please send your CV along with a letter for interests, relevant
supporting documents, academic qualifications, contact details within 2 weeks of
the announcement to
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org